Otherside Entertainment User Community

Otherside Entertainment User Community

• November 23, 2017, 10:37:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

"IT'S A NICELY DESIGNED GAME AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MEANING IN YOUR LIFE."-TIM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick end exploit?  (Read 228 times)

daeos

• Lore Seeker
Quick end exploit?
« on: August 14, 2017, 01:09:29 AM »

Not sure if the new "do as you will" system is suppose to account for this, but by grabbing just one spell, you can complete the prototype in under a minute.  I think a mechanism should be put in place to either hinder or make this more difficult as I can use the levitate/build spell to put 2 boxes together, and walk/ride them to the center completing the task faster than should be possible (or desired).

Flatfingers

• Lore Seeker
    • Theory by Flatfingers
Re: Quick end exploit?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 02:42:45 AM »

Why shouldn't this be one acceptable solution among many?

OtherSide are presumably hoping we'll play this demo repeatedly, in many different ways. So even if someone starts out their seven abilities with the spell in question -- I didn't -- and immediately hits on the solution you describe, why wouldn't they then immediately start up another playthrough to look for other solutions?

If this were a complete "bought it, beat it, sold it" kind of game, I'd agree with your suggestion. Leaving a degenerate solution in place would be bad game design.

But given that this is a pre-alpha demo intended to let backers bang some of the basic gameplay features together to see what happens, I'd say there's no harm done in leaving the quickie solution as it is.

Komemiute

• Pioneer
Re: Quick end exploit?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 06:28:29 AM »

I'm with Flatfingers here...
Pages: [1]   Go Up