Otherside Entertainment User Community

Otherside Entertainment User Community

• December 16, 2018, 06:53:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

"IT'S A NICELY DESIGNED GAME AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MEANING IN YOUR LIFE."-TIM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Major reworking of my Ultima Underworld Walkthrough  (Read 2008 times)

Sir Cabirus

• Keeper of the Underworld Walkthroughs
    • Sir Cabirus Ultima Homepage
Major reworking of my Ultima Underworld Walkthrough
« on: October 09, 2017, 03:29:38 PM »

After the release of my Ultima Underworld 2 walkthrough I wasn't satisfied with my Ultima Underworld 1 walkthrough any longer. The Ultima Underworld 2 walkthrough has bigger pictures which one can invoke from the different maps. And these pictures are shown more centred. The Underworld 1 walkthrough had smaller pictures which appeared in the upper left corner of the browser.
 Therefore I decided to make a major reworking of the Underworld 1 walkthrough. I resized 209 pictures and movies, changed 20 pages for the new resolution and corrected some errors. I also added some new screenshots and movies.
 The reworking of my walkthrough is dedicated to Optician Dragon / Mark Morris who passed away in 2012. Optician was my main proofreader back in the days when I created this walkthrough the first time. Rest in peace my friend - see ya on the funway!
Sir Cabirus Dragon
--==(UDIC)==--
Ultima Underworld Walkthrough: http://www.sircabirus.com/uw1walk_index.php
Ultima Underworld 2 Walkthrough: http://www.sircabirus.com/uw2walk_index.php

Flatfingers

• Lore Seeker
    • Theory by Flatfingers
Re: Major reworking of my Ultima Underworld Walkthrough
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:03:37 PM »

Very nice!

I haven't gone all the way through it, but a couple of suggestions:

1. As someone who's played UW1 quite a few times, I recognized when the Introduction cutscene started looping... but someone who's new to this game might be confused by that.

2. At the bottom of each page, you provide a way to mute or lower the volume of the music that plays. This is nice, but even nicer might be to give your visitors a clear option at the top of the very first page of whether they want music to play at all.

One other possibility might be a page dedicated to the Easter eggs and in-jokes in the game. Overall, though, you've done an excellent job of providing the information that a new player of UW could want. I particularly like the Must Do / Should Do / Can Do sections.

Komemiute

• Pioneer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 02:16:17 AM »

After the release of my Ultima Underworld 2 walkthrough I wasn't satisfied with my Ultima Underworld 1 walkthrough any longer. The Ultima Underworld 2 walkthrough has bigger pictures which one can invoke from the different maps. And these pictures are shown more centred. The Underworld 1 walkthrough had smaller pictures which appeared in the upper left corner of the browser.
 Therefore I decided to make a major reworking of the Underworld 1 walkthrough. I resized 209 pictures and movies, changed 20 pages for the new resolution and corrected some errors. I also added some new screenshots and movies.
 The reworking of my walkthrough is dedicated to Optician Dragon / Mark Morris who passed away in 2012. Optician was my main proofreader back in the days when I created this walkthrough the first time. Rest in peace my friend - see ya on the funway!

Thank you so much for your work! I'm a happy customer ;)

Also, condolences for your friend Optician Dragon / Mark Morris. I know what it feels to lose someone who you respect and care for.

SteveC

• Lore Seeker
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:13:43 PM »

Hey man. Awesome work as always. Love the updated guide.

Sorry about your friend. I'm sure he would be proud of what you've accomplished.
Pages: [1]   Go Up