Otherside Entertainment User Community

Otherside Entertainment User Community

• January 19, 2019, 12:16:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

"IT'S A NICELY DESIGNED GAME AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MEANING IN YOUR LIFE."-TIM

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: When do Mac users get a build?  (Read 1778 times)

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
Re: When do Mac users get a build?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 04:44:52 PM »

glad to see the game's running

Me too.

glad to see the game's Is it just Marcaul, or EVERYWHERE, by the way?

I only had my lunch break to evaluate, I haven't made it out of Marcaul yet. Walking down this hall, I noticed about a dozen rendering issues scattered around this one area. If we don't have issues with these textures in the Windows build, I would assume there will be similar issues throughout. I'll post here when I find out for sure.

There were other odd rendering issues too, like the pink overlay at the top of the right archway that disappears when I get closer.

Bica yeshor'click

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

Is it just Marcaul, or EVERYWHERE, by the way?

Yeah, it's everywhere. The beginning areas are definitely worse off than later areas. I found several bugs but frankly not going to consume my weekend filling out tons of individual bug reports.

I documented several texture issues via screenshot, and tried to take them in sets so you could look between consecutive screenshots to see walls and shadows appear/disappear. You can download a zip of the screenshots here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wswelkujflrx6sd/Beta-Bugs-1.zip?dl=0 If there are questions about a screenshot, just ask "What about screenshot 20181103xxxxxx_1.jpg?" and I'll explain.

Short notes about some screenshots you may find confusing:
    • 20181103105801_1: Icon bug when removing the armor.
    • 20181103110329_1: Floating element (light source) due to removing object below.
    • 20181103110432_1/20181103110508_1: Bad screen shots. The rock immediately down/left of center dot would go between shaded and unshaded. Shaded shown in both screen shots.
    • 20181103110720_1: Running straight into glitchy shadow wall from 20181103110644_1, I can put my face through it.
    • 20181103115716_1: Your unbreakable/locked doors can be easily bypassed. I don't mind this one.
    • 20181103115844_1: Objects overlapping.
    • 20181103121823_1: Icon glitched when sorting quick bar.
    • 20181103121935_1: Terrible shadow rendering.
    • 20181103122328_1: Silver sapling blurry icon.
    • 20181103123718_1/20181103123734_1: You can step in this hole and get stuck. 20181103123734_1 is for location reference.
    • 20181103125730_1: Window to the void.
    • 20181103125847_1: The second chest found "open" that spawned the item inside when I activated it and then closed normally.
    • 20181103130524_1: Ring rendering in wrong location.
    • 20181103130942_1: Brown lighting on the floor on an either broken or wrong texture.
    • 20181103131406_1: The shadows on the horizontal bars of the gating were spastic. Also, it's real easy to get stuck on this chest if you jump on it.
    • 20181103131730_1: I don't know what happened to this floor texture but it needs help.
    • 20181103133032_1: Glowing blue wall?
    • 20181103133624_1: Wisp was unable to move from its location. Other wisps were half clipping through the door.
    • 20181103135338_1: Portcullis room glow shining through to the bottom floor
    • 20181103135659_1: After passing the hallway after the portcullis in 20181103135338_1, the screen went black. Ambient sounds were still playing. I waited 10 minutes and nothing else happened. I think I hit the end of the demo and the "Thanks for playing" bit failed to start.

Notes and suggestions:
    • It's too hard to handle water bottles. Try to throw it with a low roof, it breaks lifting it over your head. Barely bump into things, it shatters.
    • Standing on square crates is ridiculous. You bump it with your foot and it moves like it has no weight. With crate jumping challenges, you're fighting the UI not playing the game.
    • Stepping into water shouldn't sound like a cannonball dive.
    • Several key up event get missed resulting unwanted player actions. This seems to occur most frequently during combat, when several keys are simultaneously held. This resulted in the character not releasing a charged swing attack , and running in a direction after the key was released.
    [li]
    [/li][/list]
    « Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:18:59 PM by smpita »
    Bica yeshor'click

OSE Walter

• Otherside Employee
    « Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »

Hi folks, just wanted to give you an update on the timing of MAC/Linux builds. We're targeting to release them within 30-45 days from launch on PC. The recent build you've seen obviously needs more work and we want to take the time to do a good job on them. We appreciate your patience. If any of you would be interested in testing interim builds for us, let us know, thanks!

Wintermute_of_CoF

• Journeyman
    « Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 07:26:16 AM »

Will the existing beta keys keep working for Linux & Mac users once the Windows version is released?

OSE Walter

• Otherside Employee
    « Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »

Yes, the existing beta keys will continue to work since the existing Backer Beta keys are actually for a separate "app" on Steam than the full final version. What we'd like to do is make updates to that Backer app along the way for testing, if you're so inclined.

The final full release version is under a different app number so we will give you a new key that will give you that app. Just mentioning that to make sure it's clear.

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
    « Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 05:47:15 PM »

If any of you would be interested in testing interim builds for us, let us know, thanks!

My application should still be on file. I am still willing to help test your OSX distribution.
    Bica yeshor'click

OSE Walter

• Otherside Employee
    « Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »

Thank you smpita. And thank you also for helping many people in the forums recently, much appreciated.

Wintermute_of_CoF

• Journeyman
    « Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 07:09:34 AM »

We're targeting to release them within 30-45 days from launch on PC.

Just a reminder: 30 days from launch is this Saturday, 45 days is the Sunday after Xmas.  Want to give us an update?

Starker

• Digital Protagonist
    • Taffer
    « Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 08:17:20 PM »

At this point, I don't think we're going to be on that previous schedule we thought we were (i.e., the 30-45 days)--there's enough to fix in the game right now that getting much of the devs attention and we'd also like to bring that over to the MAC/Linux builds. We've proposed some ways to make it up to the MAC/Linux backers to 505 and I'm waiting to hear back before passing them on to you guys. In the meantime, I'm hoping we can get a build up for testing for those of you that are interested.
    When I grew up I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
    « Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 11:42:49 AM »

To Wintermute_of_CoF's point, a new estimated time would be helpful. As it stands, the basis for our expectation has gone back to "No game for you because IFDEFs are hard and we're making Windows our priority. You'll get it later. Eventually. Probably after Windows is fixed..."
    Bica yeshor'click

Curratum

• Pioneer’s Progeny
    « Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 03:44:37 AM »

You just answered your own question! :D

Wintermute_of_CoF

• Journeyman
    « Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 06:59:54 AM »

Sadly it's a widespread problem.  Every Kickstarter I can recall (of course, the bad memories are more likely to stick in the mind) that's not managed to do a simultaneous cross-platform release and said "We'll work on the Linux version after we've released the Windows version" has actually spent most of the time immediately after release working on the Windows version instead.  My only option is to stop backing Kickstarters.

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
    « Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 11:48:37 AM »

You just answered your own question! :D

Not really. I have data on the amount of Windows issues they want to resolve before addressing the lack of alternate OS game. If they're waiting to fix all of the "Windows problems", they might as well refund every OSX and Linux person today because that's not happening anytime soon.

I understand the mess they're in with the save system. They're likely having to rewrite large swaths of the infrastructure and want to stay focused on that undertaking. They should have an idea of how much is left in their pile of tasks and when goals will become priorities for them.
    Bica yeshor'click

OSE Walter

• Otherside Employee
    « Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 05:56:25 PM »

We're actually still building Mac/Linux builds with our Windows builds to keep them up to date with game changes. But they do require more work to get them in shape to formally release. I've asked the engineers (Will and Matt) if we can put them up on a test branch for you guys, if you're so inclined. The latest estimate I got from the team for final versions is End of Feb / Early March, probably 3-4 weeks after we get Update 2 out. We're actually talking with some external firms to help us do it in parallel and see if we can pull those dates in.

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
    « Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »

We're actually still building Mac/Linux builds with our Windows builds to keep them up to date with game changes.

Great! That will help keep the platforms 1:1.

them up on a test branch for you guys, if you're so inclined

I'm inclined to help test. I submitted a playtester application around the time of the OSX beta release, once a viable OSX client was demonstrated. I've stated my interest in helping beta test a few times on the forum. What else can I do? Should I submit additional playtester applications?
    Bica yeshor'click
    Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up