Otherside Entertainment User Community

Otherside Entertainment User Community

• December 16, 2018, 06:53:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

"IT'S A NICELY DESIGNED GAME AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MEANING IN YOUR LIFE."-TIM

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: "DRM-Free" = GOG?  (Read 3926 times)

Oinkus

Re: "DRM-Free" = GOG?
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »

Can't find an executable file for the game anywhere , digging through Steam is a PITA. Where exactly can I find the game to get rid of Steam ?

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2018, 03:29:20 PM »

Where exactly can I find the game to get rid of Steam ?

I'm not on Windows so I can't confirm this is what you're looking for, but try checking here.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Underworld Ascendant"
Bica yeshor'click

Oinkus

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »

Looks like you can just pin it to taskbar and run  from there without moving anything. Steam off game is running , now I have some skeletons to confuse so I can walk out that door. Thanks a bunch for the help , blindly clicking things in steam was not helping me at all.

shmerl

• Pioneer’s Progeny
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2018, 07:06:35 PM »

Any update on DRM-free front with GOG or itch.io?

phuhque

• Digital Protagonist
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2018, 11:13:28 PM »

Unfortunately, the problem is the DLC.

If you launch it on Steam, you get to see the DLC where you activated keys.  If you launch the UA.exe all by itself, you do not see any of your DLC in the game.  So the game itself may not be keyed to steam DRM, but the DLC is.

JAAHAS

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2018, 03:48:09 AM »

Unfortunately, the problem is the DLC.

If you launch it on Steam, you get to see the DLC where you activated keys.  If you launch the UA.exe all by itself, you do not see any of your DLC in the game.  So the game itself may not be keyed to steam DRM, but the DLC is.

A far better option would have been to just give us passcodes that would unlock the backer "exclusive" in-game items offline, of course this has the risk of someone complaining that those codes will leak to non-backers, but anyone with any sense would have to agree that the only way that locking those items behind online authentication would work any better is that the game would never get good enough to have anyone bother to circumvent the DRM.

By the way, has there being any word on the status of the DRM-free keys?

OSE Walter

• Otherside Employee
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »

We're working on a fix for backer items requiring starting a new game that we hope to have in Update 1 in the coming weeks. We need to fix this.

No update on GoG / Itch at this point. GoG is going to need to see some progress and updates for that to come together, but we haven't and won't give up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up