Otherside Entertainment User Community

Otherside Entertainment User Community

• December 16, 2018, 06:53:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

"IT'S A NICELY DESIGNED GAME AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MEANING IN YOUR LIFE."-TIM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LAUNCH DAY INFO! (Will Update)  (Read 1609 times)

sluangkhot

• Administrator
  • OSE Community Manager
LAUNCH DAY INFO! (Will Update)
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »

Morning everyone! IT'S LAUNCH DAY!

Kickstarter Backers should start receiving their final game Steam keys NOW! Please remember to check your emails and make sure your BackerKit has the right email address. ALL backers are receiving a Steam key, but note that the game is actually DRM-free. (Can be launched without the Steam client or played offline, etc). We are still working on acquiring a non-Steam DRM-free key for interested backers and will update everyone when that is finalized.

FAQ / Build Notes Doc

"Play NOW" Trailer

Your other KS rewards will appear as a bundled Steam key on BackerKit in a few days (we are waiting on Steam to confirm.) ADVENTURER+ backers will receive keys for their Companion Creatures on BackerKit today.

I'll edit this post to include more important links as they go live, such as another trailer, a FAQ post, and more.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:33:51 PM by sluangkhot »

Nyast

• Explorer
Re: LAUNCH DAY INFO! (Will Update)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:41:24 AM »

Congratulations for the launch.

Genuinely curious question: will you send non-Steam DRM-free keys to all backers as well, or only those that selected non-Steam in backerkit ? I suspect a lot of people, like me, selected Steam because you had no clear answer for a not-Steam platform, and we wanted to play at launch and not wait days-or-weeks before we got our hands on the game.

But that raises the question: if you're planning on sending non-Steam keys to your backers as well as the current Steam keys, wouldn't all these people be able to resell their non-Steam key on the grey market later on ?

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:45:23 AM »

wouldn't all these people be able to resell their non-Steam key

If they get approval on GOG, they could use GOG Connect to directly allow the importing of the game from your Steam library to your GOG library without issuing keys. This does come with the caveat that you must permanently link your GOG account to your Steam account, but this seems the most reasonable way to me.

Edit:

Link for anyone wanting more information https://www.gog.com/connect
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:11:33 PM by smpita »
Bica yeshor'click

sluangkhot

• Administrator
  • OSE Community Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »

Congratulations for the launch.

Genuinely curious question: will you send non-Steam DRM-free keys to all backers as well, or only those that selected non-Steam in backerkit ? I suspect a lot of people, like me, selected Steam because you had no clear answer for a not-Steam platform, and we wanted to play at launch and not wait days-or-weeks before we got our hands on the game.

But that raises the question: if you're planning on sending non-Steam keys to your backers as well as the current Steam keys, wouldn't all these people be able to resell their non-Steam key on the grey market later on ?

Thanks Nyast! We'll most likely send out another survey as we lock down our non-Steam DRM-free vendor asking backers definitively whether they'd also like another key. If it's GoG, we may be able to provide another key OR let them know about the GoG connect system, as smpita mentioned.

Starker

• Digital Protagonist
  • Taffer
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »

Giving all backers both Steam keys and the option of DRM-free was the right thing to do.

Best of luck, guys!
When I grew up I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

MasterLobar

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »

Congratulations for completing the project and good luck!
"In our days of beginning, we must stick together and not allow petty grievances to stand in the way of respect" -- Writ of Lorne

I try to follow Rapoport's rules for successful critical commentary. (Update June 2018: not anymore)

OSE Walter

• Otherside Employee
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 12:43:13 PM »

Thank you for the well wishes, it means a lot to us, especially from you guys

Brodo Swaggins

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 01:29:06 PM »

OHHH HELLLL YAAAASSSS KWEEEEEEN

I'm still underwater with grad school until Thanksgiving, so I won't be digging in to the game proper for another week but I'm SO EXCITED.

Congratulations team!!! Hope y'all are able to take a well-deserved rest soon! You've earned it.

Can't wait to delve into the abyss....

Oinkus

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 07:06:14 PM »

Game crashes when you get to the exit of the skeleton area. Ran through it 3 times now , played since noon and after 7 hours I am still not out of the tutorial. That is just sad.

Musk of Ephesus

• Wanderer
  • Needs More Witches
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 10:56:44 PM »

Congratulations Otherside!
I'm at 80% downloaded will play tomorrow after work.

gtesser

• Pioneer
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 11:40:15 PM »

Congratulations!

Now keep updating the game for us, don't abandon it please!

Starker

• Digital Protagonist
  • Taffer
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 04:12:10 AM »

There are already post-launch patches planned and DLC.
When I grew up I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

sluangkhot

• Administrator
  • OSE Community Manager
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 09:47:57 AM »

Definitely no abandonment plans.

Going to continue updating the Build Notes as we go along, a couple of hotfixes going in this morning as well. We're looking at spellbook, inventory, and preserving the language and setting preferences first and foremost right now.

sluangkhot

• Administrator
  • OSE Community Manager
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 07:09:14 PM »

UPDATE!

We just pushed a hotfix that addresses a number of quick fixes for reported bugs and localization issues. It also adds logging to help us track down crashes. Your 21:9 support is here too!

We will continue to work on the top community issues that will take a bit more time to address (save games, AI, saving option settings, art glitches, crashes, player movement and performance, etc.).

FYI - If you are experiencing crashes, please make sure your drivers are all up to date AND verify your files via steam.
Go to the game in your Library > RIGHT CLICK > Properties > local Files Tab > Verify Integrity of Game Files

You can see the entire list of today’s changes below.

Hotfix 1.02
Russian text previously displayed missing text as blocks. This has been fixed.
Subtitles were added in the intro sequence for certain languages (French, Chinese, etc).
Partial French VO has been removed.
Faction Influences have been adjusted so more is gained from Side Bounties and the total required to unite the factions is lower.
Item names and descriptions have been updated in Japanese.
Additional monitor aspect ratio support added, like 21:9 (note that the UI may stretch in certain areas).
Player spellbook entries are preserved between levels.
Fixed issue where a pile of items incorrectly spawned at the start of some levels.
Player sound effects removed between loading screens.
In-Game Language choice preserved between play sessions. (Note that the Graffiti on walls will remain in the original language until you enter a new level).
MAGIC FIST spell now visibly causes an impact reaction on enemies.
Added more logging to help gather data on crash bugs

Sir Frin

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 08:41:00 PM »

Really enjoyed the opening exploration. Then I had to quit and saved. Is that really going to erase everything I did?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up