Otherside Entertainment User Community

Otherside Entertainment User Community

• December 16, 2018, 06:53:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

"IT'S A NICELY DESIGNED GAME AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MEANING IN YOUR LIFE."-TIM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does repairing exist?  (Read 436 times)

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
Does repairing exist?
« on: December 02, 2018, 01:45:12 AM »

Is there a way to repair degraded equipment? I haven't seen it talked about anywhere, so I assume not. Do KS rewards degrade? Will my rot worm boots and other KS rewards rot away like my early access?
Bica yeshor'click

Browncoat Jayson

• Digital Lycaeum
Re: Does repairing exist?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 08:56:03 AM »

There is no way to repair (or craft) items that I've found, but that would be an excellent DLC goal.

Only items that have a condition will continue to degrade; a servicable hand axe will eventually change to damaged, etc. If you find an item that does not have a condition, it will not degrade.
Join me in New Britannia or in the Stygian Abyss!
http://SotAwiki.net            http://UnderWiki.com

Flug

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »

It was talked about early on, and then discounted. One of the few areas where it was made clear in unambiguous terms. There's a lot to bash on, but not this.

Browncoat Jayson

• Digital Lycaeum
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:36:20 AM »

As pointed out early tho, decaying equipment without repair removes any immersive elements of the system. It would likewise be easy to add some crafting (specifically arrows) just like you can cook food.
Join me in New Britannia or in the Stygian Abyss!
http://SotAwiki.net            http://UnderWiki.com

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »

Only items that have a condition will continue to degrade

I have no idea which KS rewards have the condition prefixes. Can any Windows player help me with that?

There's a lot to bash on, but not this.

I've been totally shafted on the access portion of my reward tier. It's not bashing to ask how the remaining rewards function so I can wrap my mind around any remaining value. It's not like I can play the game to get this information myself, it will be untold weeks/months/+ before there is an OSX version. Slow your roll.
Bica yeshor'click

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »

As pointed out early tho, decaying equipment without repair removes any immersive elements of the system. It would likewise be easy to add some crafting (specifically arrows) just like you can cook food.

I don't see a need for a whole crafting system. I'm not specifically against it, but a legit crafting system would probably be prohibitively expensive to implement.

To cheaply implement repairs, they could borrow from Ultima Underworld and drop an anvil in Marcaul. You don't have to animate an anvil. If they want to make repairs tied to character progression, perhaps drop a skill on the fighter side of the skill tree to enable use of the anvil. Or they could give the ability to the shop NPC and have it cost coin. Surely the merchant has made repairs on less than perfect gear sold to them.
Bica yeshor'click

Flug

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »

Smpita...I was referring solely to the thread to the topic...repairing...nothing else. For what it's worth, I'm sympathetic to those still waiting for KS Reward promises to be fulfilled (and other OS players in general...having once been a multi-platform tester).

smpita

• Digital Protagonist
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »

I was referring solely to the thread to the topic...repairing...nothing else.

My mistake. I had assumed you had read, and were willing to acknowledge the body of the post.

For what it's worth, I'm sympathetic to those still waiting for KS Reward promises

Thank you for telling me. It was difficult to determine that from your contributions to the thread.
Bica yeshor'click

Flug

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »

Fwiw, I had read the body of your thread also... ;)

Katana1000S

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 10:24:57 PM »

fudge OFF FLUG YOU TROLLING TWO FACED BASTARD. YOU fudgeING SHILL

Brodo Swaggins

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 10:54:29 PM »

fudge OFF FLUG YOU TROLLING TWO FACED BASTARD. YOU fudgeING SHILL

Jesus Christ, what the hell is the matter with you? Are drunk? Sleep it off, for everyone's sake.

Katana1000S

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 02:02:29 AM »

Not drunk, just very pissed off by you two paid pair of shils ... you must be? to look guard over this grave of a stupid idiotic GAME .....POOR Swaggins boy ... tried to pass himself off as a professional Games tester, he has not been laid for years ... I hatge these fudgeing teenage shills, they go from one to another

Sandro

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 07:35:31 AM »

I think you are just about done at these Forums...

Curratum

• Pioneer’s Progeny
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 07:47:04 AM »

If anything, the shills are old and senile, hardly juvenile. :D

OSE Walter

• Otherside Employee
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 10:00:37 AM »

Most armor and weapons in the game do deteriorate by design. Kickstarter items should not degrade (if they do, that's a bug). Magical items will not either and you might be able to infer if an item is "magic" based on the tooltips (admittedly probably could be clearer now that the question has been raised). There is also a tier of "hardened" armor that has such a high durability that it will take a very very long time to degrade.

Katana, completely unacceptable behavior that goes 100% against the kind of forums we want to have. We've been very mindful of letting folks discuss issues with the game, even quite passionately. Venting, even gloating, etc. But personal attacks against people who have different opinions than you are not at all okay.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up