Otherside Entertainment User Community

Otherside Entertainment User Community

• January 19, 2019, 12:19:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

"IT'S A NICELY DESIGNED GAME AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT ANY MEANING IN YOUR LIFE."-TIM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Underworld Ascendant - Update 1 Survey  (Read 345 times)

Musk of Ephesus

• Wanderer
  • Needs More Witches
Underworld Ascendant - Update 1 Survey
« on: December 26, 2018, 01:15:06 AM »

Underworld Ascendant
‏ @Underworld_Asc
Dec 24

We released a big Update 1 last week which included a new save-anywhere system, combat upgrades, & more!

We're still looking for feedback about the game and our update plans, which you can submit here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T3V57BB

Thank you for playing the newly updated version of Underworld Ascendant! Please complete this survey if you have played the game with Update 1 patch installed. As a reminder Update 1 was released on December 20, 2018.

We would like to hear your feedback about the improvements we've made to the game. We would also like hear about things you'd like us to focus on in future updates. Thanks again for playing our game!

GENERAL INFO

1. What is your age?
25 to 34

2. In what country do you live?
United States

3. Are you a Kickstarter Backer?
Yes

4. How long did you play the game before Update 1?
Before Update 1   5 - 10 hours
After Update 1    2 - 5 hours

5. What is your email address? (so we can contact you with potential follow up questions or clarifications)
-------

SAVE GAME SYSTEM
Goal: In Update 1, we completely overhauled Underworld Ascendantís save game system. Please provide us feedback on it.

6. Please rate the following statement:
The new save game
system meets my
needs                                          Strongly Agree

7. How else can we improve the save game system?:
You did a great job with it! I think it's done.

GAMEPLAY
Goal: We've made a number of improvements to various gameplay systems since launch. Please provide us feedback on them.

8. How much of the different play-styles did you use? (Approximately x% of the time, answers should total 100%)
Combat   30%
Stealth    30%
Magic      40%

9. How would you rate these gameplay systems before Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)
Combat                 4
Stealth                  5
Magic                    7
Player Movement   3
Physics                 4
AI                        3

10. How would you rate these gameplay systems after Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)
Combat                 5
Player Movement   3

11. How can we improve these gameplay systems?:
I'd like to apply spells effects to arrows.
I can't mantle at the top of a magic-vine
I don't fear making noise enough. (Stealth)

12. Outside of these systems, are there any others that should be improved and why?
I don't fear the enemy enough or dark areas.
Not enough tight spots (enemy clusters) or surprises
(e.g. enemy spawning from dark fissures in the walls)

LEVELS
Goal: We've made a number of improvements to levels to make them more fun and immersive. Please provide us feedback about it

13. How did you feel about the amount of monsters in levels after Update 1?
Too few

14. Please list any positive or negative examples:
I liked the extra slugs. I wish you had more stuff like that.

LOOT, GEAR & ITEMS
Goal: Loot in Underworld Ascendant is meant to operate under economics of scarcity like the original, rather than horn of plenty. (Ex: Players should not have an overabundance of gear or access to high level gear early, but must strategically pursue gear upgrades).

We'd appreciate your feedback on these elements.

15. Rate the availability of loot, weapon and item drops from the following sources after Update 1:
Chests                                             Just right
Monsters                                          Just right
Aelita's Shop in the Midnight Forum    Just right

16. Rate weapon and armor wear after Update 1:
Just right

17. How can we further improve loot and gear in Underworld Ascendant?:
I'd like to find new runes more often. (How many runes should I have before the doom counter is half way???) Also why can't I sell spare runes, as of now they just vanish.

SKILLS & FEATS
Goal: We want to ensure building your own character's skills and using Memora and Feats is rewarding for your playstyle.

18. How clearly did you understand what you needed to do to gain Skill Points?
Somewhat unclear

19. Rate the Memora costs of Skills overall:
Just right

20. How clearly did you understand what you needed to do to earn Feats?
Somewhat unclear

21. What could we do to improve Skills and Feats? Why?
I'd like the ability to turn off select skill/feats. I picked the super jump feat and I really regret that because it feels ridiculous to me. I'm not a super jump kind of guy.

GAME GOALS
Goal: We want the game's overall goals and mechanics to be fun and interesting.

22. Did you clearly understand what you needed to do to progress further in the game?
I had a vague idea of what I had to do 

23. Please rate how much you like the following game goals and mechanics:
The Abyssal Keys                       Dislike
Faction Favor                             Strongly dislike
Influence                                   Strongly dislike
The Doom Counter                     Neutral
Turning Back the Doom Counter  Strongly Like

24. How can we improve these game goals?
I don't find these goals interesting or compelling. I didn't like the faction favor stuff in Thief: Deadly Shadows and I'm at a lost to improve on it, rather then replace it.

25. How would you rate the game overall before Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)

26. How would you rate the game overall after Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)

27. What other improvements to Underworld Ascendant would you like to see? Why?
Books!!! Books!!! And more books!
I loved the books in The Elder Scrolls. So I'd like to introduce/recommend Ted Peterson who wrote for Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion. He's not working with Bethesda anymore and he could really flesh out the feeling of the underworld.

I've been playing both Subnautica and Underworld Ascendant lately and the one thing that really sticks out to me that Subnautica has over Underworld Ascendant is that I never feel safe. Now to be fair Subnautica has it easy, because it's set in the ocean which is as close to an abyssal hell as you can get. Underworld Ascendant is set in the stygian abyss and yet there's nothing abyssal about it. I feel like I should be afraid to look over ledges that I might see black chasms and hear unknown and haunting sounds in the deep. I want to fear the deep and fear that bits of the deep will creep up to devour me.

Dewi Morgan

• Yet another fanboy
Re: Underworld Ascendant - Update 1 Survey
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 10:11:18 PM »

Exciting! I'll wait until after the holidays to fill this out though, so I've given the new patch a good testing and playthrough.
"re: kickstarter for the love of god I never want to do that again for video games." - Paul Neurath

Hacker

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »

I'll wait until after the holidays to fill this out though, so I've given the new patch a good testing and playthrough.

Ditto that. There no way to fairly answer the survey without spending at least a few hours with Update 1. Now that we are past the holidays, back to it!

Deadwizard00

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »

Underworld Ascendant
‏ @Underworld_Asc
Dec 24

We released a big Update 1 last week which included a new save-anywhere system, combat upgrades, & more!

We're still looking for feedback about the game and our update plans, which you can submit here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T3V57BB

Thank you for playing the newly updated version of Underworld Ascendant! Please complete this survey if you have played the game with Update 1 patch installed. As a reminder Update 1 was released on December 20, 2018.

We would like to hear your feedback about the improvements we've made to the game. We would also like hear about things you'd like us to focus on in future updates. Thanks again for playing our game!

GENERAL INFO

1. What is your age?
25 to 34

2. In what country do you live?
United States

3. Are you a Kickstarter Backer?
Yes

4. How long did you play the game before Update 1?
Before Update 1   5 - 10 hours
After Update 1    2 - 5 hours

5. What is your email address? (so we can contact you with potential follow up questions or clarifications)
-------

SAVE GAME SYSTEM
Goal: In Update 1, we completely overhauled Underworld Ascendantís save game system. Please provide us feedback on it.

6. Please rate the following statement:
The new save game
system meets my
needs                                          Strongly Agree

7. How else can we improve the save game system?:
You did a great job with it! I think it's done.

GAMEPLAY
Goal: We've made a number of improvements to various gameplay systems since launch. Please provide us feedback on them.

8. How much of the different play-styles did you use? (Approximately x% of the time, answers should total 100%)
Combat   30%
Stealth    30%
Magic      40%

9. How would you rate these gameplay systems before Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)
Combat                 4
Player Movement   3

10. How would you rate these gameplay systems after Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)
Combat                 5
Player Movement   3

11. How can we improve these gameplay systems?:
I'd like to apply spells effects to arrows.
I can't mantle at the top of a magic-vine
I don't fear making noise enough. (Stealth)

12. Outside of these systems, are there any others that should be improved and why?
I don't fear the enemy enough or dark areas.
Not enough tight spots (enemy clusters) or surprises
(e.g. enemy spawning from dark fissures in the walls)

LEVELS
Goal: We've made a number of improvements to levels to make them more fun and immersive. Please provide us feedback about it

13. How did you feel about the amount of monsters in levels after Update 1?
Too few

14. Please list any positive or negative examples:
I liked the extra slugs. I wish you had more stuff like that.

LOOT, GEAR & ITEMS
Goal: Loot in Underworld Ascendant is meant to operate under economics of scarcity like the original, rather than horn of plenty. (Ex: Players should not have an overabundance of gear or access to high level gear early, but must strategically pursue gear upgrades).

We'd appreciate your feedback on these elements.

15. Rate the availability of loot, weapon and item drops from the following sources after Update 1:
Chests                                             Just right
Monsters                                          Just right
Aelita's Shop in the Midnight Forum    Just right

16. Rate weapon and armor wear after Update 1:
Just right

17. How can we further improve loot and gear in Underworld Ascendant?:
I'd like to find new runes more often. (How many runes should I have before the doom counter is half way???) Also why can't I sell spare runes, as of now they just vanish.

SKILLS & FEATS
Goal: We want to ensure building your own character's skills and using Memora and Feats is rewarding for your playstyle.

18. How clearly did you understand what you needed to do to gain Skill Points?
Somewhat unclear

19. Rate the Memora costs of Skills overall:
Just right

20. How clearly did you understand what you needed to do to earn Feats?
Somewhat unclear

21. What could we do to improve Skills and Feats? Why?
I'd like the ability to turn off select skill/feats. I picked the super jump feat and I really regret that because it feels ridiculous to me. I'm not a super jump kind of guy.

GAME GOALS
Goal: We want the game's overall goals and mechanics to be fun and interesting.

22. Did you clearly understand what you needed to do to progress further in the game?
I had a vague idea of what I had to do 

23. Please rate how much you like the following game goals and mechanics:
The Abyssal Keys                       Dislike
Faction Favor                             Strongly dislike
Influence                                   Strongly dislike
The Doom Counter                     Neutral
Turning Back the Doom Counter  Strongly Like

24. How can we improve these game goals?
I don't find these goals interesting or compelling. I didn't like the faction favor stuff in Thief: Deadly Shadows and I'm at a lost to improve on it, rather then replace it.

25. How would you rate the game overall before Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)

26. How would you rate the game overall after Update 1? (1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest)

27. What other improvements to Underworld Ascendant would you like to see? Why?
Books!!! Books!!! And more books!
I loved the books in The Elder Scrolls. So I'd like to introduce/recommend Ted Peterson who wrote for Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion. He's not working with Bethesda anymore and he could really flesh out the feeling of the underworld.

I've been playing both Subnautica and Underworld Ascendant lately and the one thing that really sticks out to me that Subnautica has over Underworld Ascendant is that I never feel safe. Now to be fair Subnautica has it easy, because it's set in the ocean which is as close to an abyssal hell as you can get. Underworld Ascendant is set in the stygian abyss and yet there's nothing abyssal about it. I feel like I should be afraid to look over ledges that I might see black chasms and hear unknown and haunting sounds in the deep. I want to fear the deep and fear that bits of the deep will creep up to devour me.
After the update my game CTD every 30 minutes it didn't do that before everything runed fine im on a amd 580 intel I7 2600 16 gigs of memory windows 7 this is the only game that i own that CTD i would like to go back to the vanilla version for now but i cant im on steam.
Pages: [1]   Go Up